Move-in dates for Weston development brought forward due to demand
- Credit: Bellway
The completion date for a housing development containing 150 homes in Weston has been brought forward to spring of next year due to high demand.
Mead Fields, off Wolverhill Road, was originally scheduled to launch in May 2021.
Developer Bellway's estate comes as part of a wider neighbourhood with 1,150 new homes - which has been granted planning permission by North Somerset Council, with proposals for a sports facility and primary school.
Bellway's sales manager, Rachel Way said: "We are very pleased with how work is progressing at Mead Fields and look forward to welcoming the first visitors to the site next spring.
“Not only is the development meeting the growing demand for housing in Somerset, but it is also providing high-quality properties that will enhance the character of the wider neighbourhood."
More than 800 potential residents have registered interest in the 150 homes - 19 of which are available as 'affordable homes' through rent or shared ownership.
The development is now expected to be complete by March 2021.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab