Move-in dates for Weston development brought forward due to demand
- Credit: Bellway
The completion date for a housing development containing 150 homes in Weston has been brought forward to spring of next year due to high demand.
Mead Fields, off Wolverhill Road, was originally scheduled to launch in May 2021.
Developer Bellway's estate comes as part of a wider neighbourhood with 1,150 new homes - which has been granted planning permission by North Somerset Council, with proposals for a sports facility and primary school.
Bellway's sales manager, Rachel Way said: "We are very pleased with how work is progressing at Mead Fields and look forward to welcoming the first visitors to the site next spring.
“Not only is the development meeting the growing demand for housing in Somerset, but it is also providing high-quality properties that will enhance the character of the wider neighbourhood."
More than 800 potential residents have registered interest in the 150 homes - 19 of which are available as 'affordable homes' through rent or shared ownership.
The development is now expected to be complete by March 2021.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 3 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 4 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 7 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder