Entries open for New Year’s Day run
- Credit: Archant
Did you go hard at it over Christmas? Trousers feeling a bit tight? The thought of another helping of turkey making you feel nauseous?
If so, there is a way to blow off the cobwebs and start 2019 in fine style happening on Tuesday.
The New Year’s Day Hangover 10K will be taking place in Kewstoke next week – an ideal cure to anyone who had a pint or sherry too many the night before.
Many members of Weston Athletics Club will taking part in the hope of securing an early victory in their category or perhaps setting a personal best.
The coastal course will mean it is at least a refreshing way to begin 2019.
You may also want to watch:
Competitors should meet at 9.45am at the hall, in Crookes Lane.
Entry costs £10.50-12.50 and can be obtained at www.westonac.co.uk/hangover
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 5 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 8 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
Pictures from the run will be included in next week’s Mercury.