There With You: How to enter your dog in Weston’s virtual dog show
- Credit: Nigel Neads
Enter your dog into the Virtual Dog Show and raise money for Holly Hedge.
Weston will witness its first ‘virtual dog show’ beginning today (Monday) in a week-long contest taking place on Facebook.
The ‘WsM Virtual Fun Dog Show’ group will host 11 categories, ranging from ‘Cutest Puppy Picture’ to ‘Dogs Who Look Most Like Their Owners’.
Entry to the contest will cost £1, with all profits being split between Third Weston Scouts and Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary.
Event-organiser, Nigel Neads said: “We have had the idea for a dog show for a while, but struggled to find somewhere to host it.
You may also want to watch:
“With the current circumstances, we thought we could try it virtually and spread some cheer to people.”
The public will vote on most categories and photos with the most likes will be crowned the winners. Categories 10 and 11, ‘Dog the Leadership Would Most Like to Take Home’ and ‘Scouting Special’ will be judged by Nigel and his leadership group.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 5 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
The Facebook group is currently open for new entries, and will be closed from Easter Monday.
However, voting can be done before April 13, once you have joined the group.
Nigel added: “This could be a running thing until normality returns, and even after that potentially. We have begun talks of a virtual cat show and even a reptile show.”
He also explained why the group decided to split the money raised with Holly Hedge.
Nigel said: “We were trying to pick the best charity and realised Holly Hedge has had to cancel a lot of its fundraisers due to the coronavirus.
“We thought it would be nice to split the money with them to try and help them out, even if it is just a small step.”
To enter your pooch and have their pictures added to the competition, then you will need to email email@example.com
Make sure you attach the images of the dogs you are entering, along with the contest you wish to enter them in to.
The event organsier will reply with any steps you need to take from there.