Howards Motor Group to sponsor Mendip Challenge
- Credit: Archant
Howards Motor Group has renewed its sponsorship of Weston Hospicecare’s flagship Mendip Challenge event – and 21 members of the Howards team will be taking part too.
The motor dealer has long supported the Mendip Challenge, which sees participants trek 10, 20 or 30 miles across the beautiful Mendip Hills in support of the hospice.
This year's event takes place on June 2, and with more than a week to go until registrations close on May 26, close to 950 people have signed up.
This already exceeds last year's total of 873, when £66,000 was raised in entry fees and sponsorship to help the charity's work caring for people with life-limiting illnesses.
The Howards Group's has also agreed to pay for every participant to receive a souvenir event water bottle to reduce the environmental impact of the fundraiser. Howards Group chairman Peter Coleman said: "Howards Motor Group is delighted to be sponsoring Weston Hospicecare's Mendip Challenge 2019.
"As a business we thrive on getting involved with our local community, as well as raising money for this hard-working charity on which so many people depend.
"It is an exciting sponsored event for those looking to have fun, challenge themselves and raise money for the hospice.
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 4 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 5 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 6 Elderly couple targeted by distraction burglars
- 7 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate
- 8 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 9 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 10 Man who drove to Wales for a HAIRCUT during lockdown in court
"We wish every success to all of the participants who are taking part, and in particular to the many Howards colleagues, friends and family who will be participating."
Mendip Challenge event manager Simon Angear said: "The Howards Motor Group has long been one of Weston Hospicecare's most loyal and generous supporters, and we are thrilled and grateful for this latest support for our Mendip Challenge.
"This sponsorship goes a long way to helping us run this event, which makes such a vital contribution to the work of the hospice.
"We look forward to welcoming the Howards team to the event on June 2; we're delighted they will be part of such a bumper turnout for the event in the hospice's 30th anniversary year, and look forward to an exciting and enjoyable event day."
Registration is £15 for adults and £10 for children. To sign up, visit www.westonhospicecare.org.uk/mendip