Human bones found on cliff side
- Credit: Archant
Bones discovered on a cliff side in Weston are human, police have confirmed.
Avon and Somerset police officers were alerted to the bones on a cliff near Kewstoke Road on May 9 after they were discovered by a member of the public.
The road was closed in both directions while police worked at the scene to recover the bones.
Police launched an investigation to assess whether the bones were human in origin.
Further tests are being carried out to assess whether the bones are male or female and how long they have been there for.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “We can confirm now that they are human in origin.
“However, tests to identify them and establish key features such as the age of person, how long have they been in ground and the gender are ongoing.”
- 1 New leadership team for charity
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait