Human bones found on cliff side
- Credit: Archant
Bones discovered on a cliff side in Weston are human, police have confirmed.
Avon and Somerset police officers were alerted to the bones on a cliff near Kewstoke Road on May 9 after they were discovered by a member of the public.
The road was closed in both directions while police worked at the scene to recover the bones.
Police launched an investigation to assess whether the bones were human in origin.
Further tests are being carried out to assess whether the bones are male or female and how long they have been there for.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “We can confirm now that they are human in origin.
“However, tests to identify them and establish key features such as the age of person, how long have they been in ground and the gender are ongoing.”
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Village enjoys returning horticultural show
- 8 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse