Human bones found on cliff side
- Credit: Archant
Bones discovered on a cliff side in Weston are human, police have confirmed.
Avon and Somerset police officers were alerted to the bones on a cliff near Kewstoke Road on May 9 after they were discovered by a member of the public.
The road was closed in both directions while police worked at the scene to recover the bones.
Police launched an investigation to assess whether the bones were human in origin.
Further tests are being carried out to assess whether the bones are male or female and how long they have been there for.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “We can confirm now that they are human in origin.
“However, tests to identify them and establish key features such as the age of person, how long have they been in ground and the gender are ongoing.”
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 6 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Former pupils become teachers