Human bones found on cliff side
- Credit: Archant
Bones discovered on a cliff side in Weston are human, police have confirmed.
Avon and Somerset police officers were alerted to the bones on a cliff near Kewstoke Road on May 9 after they were discovered by a member of the public.
The road was closed in both directions while police worked at the scene to recover the bones.
Police launched an investigation to assess whether the bones were human in origin.
Further tests are being carried out to assess whether the bones are male or female and how long they have been there for.
A police spokesman said: “We can confirm now that they are human in origin.
“However, tests to identify them and establish key features such as the age of person, how long have they been in ground and the gender are ongoing.”
- 1 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 4 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 5 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 6 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 7 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Somerset MP defends PM attending Downing Street 'party' after 'busy day'
- 10 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend