Hay Wood bluebell trail raises hundreds for leading cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A timber company’s well-attended bluebell walk has raised hundreds of pounds for Cancer Research UK.
More than 600 people flocked to carbon-neutral business Hay Wood Logging Co's event, in Hutton, which raised close to £400 for the charity.
Trail blazers could walk along an interactive route over the Bank Holiday weekend to see the flowers in bloom at Hay Wood, which is estimated to be more than 400 years old.
A festival spokesman said: "We would like to thank everyone who made the 2019 Hay Wood Bluebell Open Weekend a pleasure to host.
"For the first time, the firm accepted donations for teas, coffees and snacks served at the two-day event, raising £380 for Cancer Research UK.
"The business estimates more than 650 people attended the festival and we served more than 300 drinks.
"The company looks forward to 2020 where I'm sure we'll see some familiar and new faces."
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 5 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
- 6 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 9 Weston pub set for £190k revamp
- 10 Police seize up to £500k worth of cannabis at Weston property