Hay Wood bluebell trail raises hundreds for leading cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A timber company’s well-attended bluebell walk has raised hundreds of pounds for Cancer Research UK.
More than 600 people flocked to carbon-neutral business Hay Wood Logging Co's event, in Hutton, which raised close to £400 for the charity.
Trail blazers could walk along an interactive route over the Bank Holiday weekend to see the flowers in bloom at Hay Wood, which is estimated to be more than 400 years old.
A festival spokesman said: "We would like to thank everyone who made the 2019 Hay Wood Bluebell Open Weekend a pleasure to host.
"For the first time, the firm accepted donations for teas, coffees and snacks served at the two-day event, raising £380 for Cancer Research UK.
You may also want to watch:
"The business estimates more than 650 people attended the festival and we served more than 300 drinks.
"The company looks forward to 2020 where I'm sure we'll see some familiar and new faces."
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple