Supporters raise thousands for hospice in Moonlight Beach Walk
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of fundraisers graced the seafront on Saturday for Weston Hospicecare’s Moonlight Beach Walk.
The women-only event saw 363 supporters light up the night for the 5km and 10km routes to raise money for the cause.
New for this year was the popular sparkler station, a moon face-painter and live music from Seb Longhorn.
Sponsorship money is still being collected, but the hospice is expecting to beat last year's total of £22,654.
Event manager Grace Dibden said: "We're so happy with how the event went on Saturday night.
You may also want to watch:
"A huge thank you to everyone who took part and supported Weston Hospicecare.
"We hope you had a brilliant night.
- 1 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
"Also, a huge thank you to our hosts and sponsor The Grand Pier, to Lidl for providing the refreshments and to all our amazing volunteers and staff who helped make the event possible."