Supporters raise thousands for hospice in Moonlight Beach Walk
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of fundraisers graced the seafront on Saturday for Weston Hospicecare’s Moonlight Beach Walk.
The women-only event saw 363 supporters light up the night for the 5km and 10km routes to raise money for the cause.
New for this year was the popular sparkler station, a moon face-painter and live music from Seb Longhorn.
Sponsorship money is still being collected, but the hospice is expecting to beat last year's total of £22,654.
Event manager Grace Dibden said: "We're so happy with how the event went on Saturday night.
You may also want to watch:
"A huge thank you to everyone who took part and supported Weston Hospicecare.
"We hope you had a brilliant night.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
"Also, a huge thank you to our hosts and sponsor The Grand Pier, to Lidl for providing the refreshments and to all our amazing volunteers and staff who helped make the event possible."