A village charity is celebrating 20 years of partnership with a village in Africa
- Credit: Archant
A village charity is celebrating 20 years of partnership with a village in Africa.
Hutton's twinning association with Dabaso, in Kenya, has assisted children through school, built a medical centre and a well.
Since the association was started back in 1999, the health of the villagers has improved with the help of two nurses who are on hand to provide care and support.
Secretary of the charity, Margaret Sills, said to see the impact its work has had over the years shows just how important our donations are.
She said: "We assist children to get into secondary school and support them as much as we can.
You may also want to watch:
"Seeing the children we've helped through school graduate with a first class degree, or go to college, shows just how much of an impact our contributions make.
"We work closely with the village to see what they need and try to do our best to help and support them."
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset