A village charity is celebrating 20 years of partnership with a village in Africa
- Credit: Archant
A village charity is celebrating 20 years of partnership with a village in Africa.
Hutton's twinning association with Dabaso, in Kenya, has assisted children through school, built a medical centre and a well.
Since the association was started back in 1999, the health of the villagers has improved with the help of two nurses who are on hand to provide care and support.
Secretary of the charity, Margaret Sills, said to see the impact its work has had over the years shows just how important our donations are.
She said: "We assist children to get into secondary school and support them as much as we can.
You may also want to watch:
"Seeing the children we've helped through school graduate with a first class degree, or go to college, shows just how much of an impact our contributions make.
"We work closely with the village to see what they need and try to do our best to help and support them."
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 10 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force