Village primary school’s Christmas fayre ‘a success’
- Credit: Archant
A village primary school raises more than £1,000 during festive event.
Hutton Church Of England Primary School, in Church Lane, welcomed villagers to join their annual Christmas Fair, last month.
Attendees were invited to look at various displays and purchase items sold at stalls set up around the hall.
Pupils from the school got involved selling cakes, cupcakes and displaying crafts.
Charity stalls were also presented such as the Women V Cancer, which was trying to raise money for a 300-mile cycle in Kenya.
You may also want to watch:
Teacher Laura Lovely said the event was a success.
She said: "Our Christmas Fairwas a huge success, with over £1,200 raised.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
"This money is going towards new outdoor gym equipment.
"There were plenty of outdoor stalls as well as crafts made by the pupils, and cakes sold from the Great Hutton Bake Off competition."