Village primary school’s Christmas fayre ‘a success’
- Credit: Archant
A village primary school raises more than £1,000 during festive event.
Hutton Church Of England Primary School, in Church Lane, welcomed villagers to join their annual Christmas Fair, last month.
Attendees were invited to look at various displays and purchase items sold at stalls set up around the hall.
Pupils from the school got involved selling cakes, cupcakes and displaying crafts.
Charity stalls were also presented such as the Women V Cancer, which was trying to raise money for a 300-mile cycle in Kenya.
You may also want to watch:
Teacher Laura Lovely said the event was a success.
She said: "Our Christmas Fairwas a huge success, with over £1,200 raised.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 3 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 4 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 5 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 10 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
"This money is going towards new outdoor gym equipment.
"There were plenty of outdoor stalls as well as crafts made by the pupils, and cakes sold from the Great Hutton Bake Off competition."