Quiz night in Hutton raises more than £500 as they prepare for trip to Kenya
- Credit: Archant
Hutton villagers hosted a quiz night in a bid to raise funds for its twinning association with African township.
They raised £552 to add to the funds they have been collecting throughout the year as they prepare for their trip to Dabaso, in Kenya, next month.
Questions such as 'how many miles would you cover if you drove from Hutton to Dabaso?' were tackled by players on the night.
This year marks 20 years since the formation of Hutton Dabaso Twinning Association, which has helped the village by covering some children's school fees and building an accessible medical centre.
Secretary of the charity, Margaret Sills, said: "We added the money made on the night to the charity funds from sale of tickets, raffle, heads and tails and donations.
You may also want to watch:
"All (of it) will be spent in Dabaso, mainly on the health clinic and secondary school bursaries."
To donate money to the fundraising appeal, visit www.bit.ly/2o5cBI4
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented