Quiz night in Hutton raises more than £500 as they prepare for trip to Kenya
- Credit: Archant
Hutton villagers hosted a quiz night in a bid to raise funds for its twinning association with African township.
They raised £552 to add to the funds they have been collecting throughout the year as they prepare for their trip to Dabaso, in Kenya, next month.
Questions such as 'how many miles would you cover if you drove from Hutton to Dabaso?' were tackled by players on the night.
This year marks 20 years since the formation of Hutton Dabaso Twinning Association, which has helped the village by covering some children's school fees and building an accessible medical centre.
Secretary of the charity, Margaret Sills, said: "We added the money made on the night to the charity funds from sale of tickets, raffle, heads and tails and donations.
You may also want to watch:
"All (of it) will be spent in Dabaso, mainly on the health clinic and secondary school bursaries."
To donate money to the fundraising appeal, visit www.bit.ly/2o5cBI4
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 10 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor