Quiz night in Hutton raises more than £500 as they prepare for trip to Kenya
- Credit: Archant
Hutton villagers hosted a quiz night in a bid to raise funds for its twinning association with African township.
They raised £552 to add to the funds they have been collecting throughout the year as they prepare for their trip to Dabaso, in Kenya, next month.
Questions such as 'how many miles would you cover if you drove from Hutton to Dabaso?' were tackled by players on the night.
This year marks 20 years since the formation of Hutton Dabaso Twinning Association, which has helped the village by covering some children's school fees and building an accessible medical centre.
Secretary of the charity, Margaret Sills, said: "We added the money made on the night to the charity funds from sale of tickets, raffle, heads and tails and donations.
You may also want to watch:
"All (of it) will be spent in Dabaso, mainly on the health clinic and secondary school bursaries."
To donate money to the fundraising appeal, visit www.bit.ly/2o5cBI4
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 6 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 7 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working