Proms night toasts best of British and village flower show breaks records
- Credit: Archant
The annual festival in Hutton brought plenty of people out of their homes last weekend.
A large marquee set up in St Mary's Field, hosted events from August 28 until Sunday, and welcomed thousands of people.
The horticultural society's annual flower show was held, on Saturday, with stalls displaying award-winning arts and crafts, vegetables and flowers.
A party was hosted by Hutton Football Club that night to raise cash for four-year-old Frankie Penfold, who needs £12,000 for an electric wheelchair.
To end the succesful weekend, a church service was held in the marquee on the morning before the proms event on the night.
You may also want to watch:
Hutton Parish Council clerk, Steve Cope, said: "This year we saw record-breaking numbers all round.
"This year we saw more entries in the horticultural show, especially in the children's section and the fruits too.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 4 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
"New faces from the village also volunteered to help which was fantastic."