Hutton to host wassail this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people are set to descend on Hutton to celebrate the ancient West Country tradition of wassail.
The annual event intends to ward away evil spirits and bless the incoming harvest in the region and beyond.
The event will take place at various locations around Hutton, starting at Wood View, in Moorcroft Road, on Saturday at 6pm.
The celebrations will then move onto Walnut Barn and then across to the village hall, in Main Road.
Hutton's wassail will feature band Rag Morris Men and drinks and Jambo Ceilidh music, and refreshments will be served on the night.
You may also want to watch:
People can also take part in a raffle, and the event will raise money for the Hutton and Dabaso, in Kenya, twinning project, which fundraises for a primary school in the African country and provides clean, fresh water for its pupils.
Tickets, priced £4-8, are available by texting James on 07920 022097.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 4 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 10 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant