Hutton to host wassail this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people are set to descend on Hutton to celebrate the ancient West Country tradition of wassail.
The annual event intends to ward away evil spirits and bless the incoming harvest in the region and beyond.
The event will take place at various locations around Hutton, starting at Wood View, in Moorcroft Road, on Saturday at 6pm.
The celebrations will then move onto Walnut Barn and then across to the village hall, in Main Road.
Hutton's wassail will feature band Rag Morris Men and drinks and Jambo Ceilidh music, and refreshments will be served on the night.
You may also want to watch:
People can also take part in a raffle, and the event will raise money for the Hutton and Dabaso, in Kenya, twinning project, which fundraises for a primary school in the African country and provides clean, fresh water for its pupils.
Tickets, priced £4-8, are available by texting James on 07920 022097.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 4 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 9 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 10 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village