Hutton to host wassail this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people are set to descend on Hutton to celebrate the ancient West Country tradition of wassail.
The annual event intends to ward away evil spirits and bless the incoming harvest in the region and beyond.
The event will take place at various locations around Hutton, starting at Wood View, in Moorcroft Road, on Saturday at 6pm.
The celebrations will then move onto Walnut Barn and then across to the village hall, in Main Road.
Hutton's wassail will feature band Rag Morris Men and drinks and Jambo Ceilidh music, and refreshments will be served on the night.
You may also want to watch:
People can also take part in a raffle, and the event will raise money for the Hutton and Dabaso, in Kenya, twinning project, which fundraises for a primary school in the African country and provides clean, fresh water for its pupils.
Tickets, priced £4-8, are available by texting James on 07920 022097.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic