Icescape reopens today just two days after fire
- Credit: Archant
Just two days after a fire broke out which threatened to curtail Weston’s premiere winter attraction, Icescape at the Tropicana reopened today (Sunday).
The pop-up ice rink looked certain to be closed for some time after fire tore through the temporary structure on Friday, with firefighters telling of ‘significant damage’.
But further investigations of the aftermath found the fire was contained to the kitchen area from which it emanated.
And after a big clean-up effort on Saturday, Icescape announced it would reopen most of its attractions today.
A spokesman said: “We are pleased to announce the ice rink, snow slide and rides will be open all day Sunday from 10am.
“Santa’s grotto, the bar and restaurant will not be open but we will let you all know as soon as possible when these will reopen.
“If you have booked a grotto ticket for tomorrow you will automatically be refunded and please look out for an email outlining the next steps.
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 3 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 4 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 5 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 6 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 7 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 8 Hornets celebrate historical promotion to National 2 West
- 9 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 10 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
“Once again we would like to thank everyone for all their support and understanding and we’ll see you on Sunday.
“If you have any further questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org”