Icescape reopens today just two days after fire
- Credit: Archant
Just two days after a fire broke out which threatened to curtail Weston’s premiere winter attraction, Icescape at the Tropicana reopened today (Sunday).
The pop-up ice rink looked certain to be closed for some time after fire tore through the temporary structure on Friday, with firefighters telling of ‘significant damage’.
But further investigations of the aftermath found the fire was contained to the kitchen area from which it emanated.
And after a big clean-up effort on Saturday, Icescape announced it would reopen most of its attractions today.
A spokesman said: “We are pleased to announce the ice rink, snow slide and rides will be open all day Sunday from 10am.
You may also want to watch:
“Santa’s grotto, the bar and restaurant will not be open but we will let you all know as soon as possible when these will reopen.
“If you have booked a grotto ticket for tomorrow you will automatically be refunded and please look out for an email outlining the next steps.
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Jon Sevink from The Levellers to perform in Weston park
- 8 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 9 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 10 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
“Once again we would like to thank everyone for all their support and understanding and we’ll see you on Sunday.
“If you have any further questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org”