Met office warns of ice, and hail across North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for ice in North Somerset overnight.
Ice is expected to form on some surfaces between midnight today (Tuesday) and overnight into Wednedsay causing travel disruption.
Wintry showers are also expected at times.
People are being warned to take care on roads, pavements and cycle paths which may be slippery.
A met office spokesman said: "A mix of rain and hail showers, with some snow over higher ground, is likely to leave surfaces wet overnight.
You may also want to watch:
"Surface temperatures are then expected to fall below freezing with icy stretches forming in places."
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 8 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 9 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 10 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder