Met office warns of ice, and hail across North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for ice in North Somerset overnight.
Ice is expected to form on some surfaces between midnight today (Tuesday) and overnight into Wednedsay causing travel disruption.
Wintry showers are also expected at times.
People are being warned to take care on roads, pavements and cycle paths which may be slippery.
A met office spokesman said: "A mix of rain and hail showers, with some snow over higher ground, is likely to leave surfaces wet overnight.
You may also want to watch:
"Surface temperatures are then expected to fall below freezing with icy stretches forming in places."
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 5 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 10 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant