Met office warns of ice, and hail across North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for ice in North Somerset overnight.
Ice is expected to form on some surfaces between midnight today (Tuesday) and overnight into Wednedsay causing travel disruption.
Wintry showers are also expected at times.
People are being warned to take care on roads, pavements and cycle paths which may be slippery.
A met office spokesman said: "A mix of rain and hail showers, with some snow over higher ground, is likely to leave surfaces wet overnight.
You may also want to watch:
"Surface temperatures are then expected to fall below freezing with icy stretches forming in places."
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer