Met office warns of ice, and hail across North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for ice in North Somerset overnight.
Ice is expected to form on some surfaces between midnight today (Tuesday) and overnight into Wednedsay causing travel disruption.
Wintry showers are also expected at times.
People are being warned to take care on roads, pavements and cycle paths which may be slippery.
A met office spokesman said: "A mix of rain and hail showers, with some snow over higher ground, is likely to leave surfaces wet overnight.
You may also want to watch:
"Surface temperatures are then expected to fall below freezing with icy stretches forming in places."
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 6 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 7 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again