7 things you can do with a bespoke garden lodge
- Credit: Archant
Spending more time at home? Want to improve your garden or outdoor space?
Be the envy of your neighbours with a stylish, bespoke year-round entertaining space which will give your garden the ‘wow’ factor.
Melanie Smith of BBQ Lodges in Somerset tells us how reindeer herders ‘Kotas’ in Finland provided the inspiration for the sloping-sided lodges making a welcome addition to gardens across the region.
These garden rooms look the business, can add value to your home and boast a long list of flexible uses – here is Melanie’s top list of things you can do with a BBQ Lodge.
1. Entertain – let the ‘al fresco’ feast begin
BBQ, drinks bar, comfy seating – what more could you need? Your lodge will take the idea of a summerhouse to a whole new level. Providing the perfect space to kick back and enjoy the best of the summer, once the cooler weather starts it will provide a warm and cosy feel to get you through winter.
The premium charcoal BBQ is a traditional Finnish design and sits at the very heart of the lodges which are handmade in the UK, using responsibly sourced slow-grown redwood pine from Scandinavia.
Four different size lodges are available, from 7m to 17m, and installation takes just a day.
- 1 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 2 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
- 3 Haywood Village set for historic first-ever Jubilee celebration
- 4 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 5 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 6 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 7 Cadbury House to host open air cinema for the summer
- 8 PICTURES: More than a dozen cars damaged in Weston arson attacks
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
2. Escape the news, find your inner calm
When it all gets too much, retreat to your own garden room nestled by the outdoors. BBQ Lodges unique design means that they take up minimal footprint in your outdoor space as the walls slope outwards. They are insulated with double-glazed lockable windows and feature cosy seating so you’ll be comfortable all year round. According to Melanie, they have ‘an almost magical, calming feel’ which we could all embrace right now. Could be the perfect place for meditation, yoga or just taking some time out to reflect.
3. Read in your garden room
Snuggle up with a good book in your own space and enjoy the best of your garden or outdoor space from the comfort of your garden lodge.
4. Sleep in a unique space under the stars
There’s no need to travel to a faraway log cabin, your BBQ Lodge can be fitted out to whatever you need. All Lodges come with lift-up beds as standard. Additional rooms can be added and the central BBQ pit can easily be converted to a table with an optional table top.
5. Create the studio or working environment of your dreams
If you’re working from home more, it’s good to separate your studio or workspace with your home to manage a healthy work/life balance. Reduce your daily commute to just a few steps and design the space to reflect what you do and also what you need. The lodges can be finished in different wood stains, the handmade bench cushions can be the colour of your choice and extra windows can be added for even more light.
6. Channel your Scandi-side with a sauna or hot tub
Have you been dreaming of having a hot tub or sauna on your doorstep? Bring a bit of Scandinavia to your garden and soak up your Scandi-side with the luxury of a hot tub or sauna. The lodges can be fully customised to feature the ultimate luxury to help you relax and unwind.
7. Transform your garden and your body
A decent home gym or yoga studio can be hard to accommodate within your property or garden building but with a BBQ Lodge, the design can be completely customised to offer a personal fitness hub tailored to your needs.
Come and discover BBQ Lodges
Ranging from just under £7000 upwards, the entire range is on display at a new show site located 15 minutes from Junction 25 and 26 of the M5 just outside Taunton. Browse at your leisure and in keeping with social distancing guidelines. All Lodges are premium quality and come with a 10 year guarantee.
Visit www.bbqlodges.co.uk call 01823 617797 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit or talk to one of the team. If you can’t visit in person, you can request video links on any of the lodges.