Improvements for five Weston parks
- Credit: Archant
Improvements to five Weston-super-Mare parks will be carried out this summer.
Projects ranging from replacing children's play equipment to repairing paths have been identified by North Somerset Council, and will be paid for through a £37,118 funding grant.
Grove Park will benefit from new recycling bins and path repairs, while repairs to boundary walls will be carried out at Clarence Park.
At Oldmixon Rec, football facilities for women will be built.
Trees will be removed at Ashcombe Park and repairs to a path by the Victorian shelter will take place at Prince Consort Gardens.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Caritas Charles, the council's executive member for parks and green spaces, said: "We are targeting funds where there is an immediate need.
"The money will be used to replace decommissioned play equipment which has been removed for safety purposes and to repair old or damaged infrastructure."
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 7 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented