Improvements for five Weston parks
- Credit: Archant
Improvements to five Weston-super-Mare parks will be carried out this summer.
Projects ranging from replacing children's play equipment to repairing paths have been identified by North Somerset Council, and will be paid for through a £37,118 funding grant.
Grove Park will benefit from new recycling bins and path repairs, while repairs to boundary walls will be carried out at Clarence Park.
At Oldmixon Rec, football facilities for women will be built.
Trees will be removed at Ashcombe Park and repairs to a path by the Victorian shelter will take place at Prince Consort Gardens.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Caritas Charles, the council's executive member for parks and green spaces, said: "We are targeting funds where there is an immediate need.
"The money will be used to replace decommissioned play equipment which has been removed for safety purposes and to repair old or damaged infrastructure."
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Inadequate care home responds
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 10 Special school expansion progress