Improvements for five Weston parks
- Credit: Archant
Improvements to five Weston-super-Mare parks will be carried out this summer.
Projects ranging from replacing children's play equipment to repairing paths have been identified by North Somerset Council, and will be paid for through a £37,118 funding grant.
Grove Park will benefit from new recycling bins and path repairs, while repairs to boundary walls will be carried out at Clarence Park.
At Oldmixon Rec, football facilities for women will be built.
Trees will be removed at Ashcombe Park and repairs to a path by the Victorian shelter will take place at Prince Consort Gardens.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Caritas Charles, the council's executive member for parks and green spaces, said: "We are targeting funds where there is an immediate need.
"The money will be used to replace decommissioned play equipment which has been removed for safety purposes and to repair old or damaged infrastructure."
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 3 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 6 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset