PICTURES: Independent businesses enjoy first well-being event
- Credit: Archant
Independent businesses in Weston took to the Sovereign Centre for the inaugural ‘well-being event’.
Weston Collective, in collaboration with Oxhouse Home of Fitness, enjoyed two busy days in Weston's shopping centre.
Workshops were held during both days, with visitors able to have a chat about crystals with the team from Rose & Amber, purchase plants from Coastal Succulents or have a massage from Alma Retreat.
Oxhouse members completed a workout, where they had to complete as many rounds as possible in five hours of 2,020m row, 20 burpees and 20 dumbell thrusters to raise money for and awareness of Weston Foodbank.
Giulio's Italian, which will be delivering food to all parts of Weston from this weekend, also served visitors a plant-based stew.
Weston Collective founder Jane Murch said: "I came away feeling really proud as the space in The Sovereign Centre came to life again."
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 4 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 5 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 6 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 7 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate
- 8 Elderly couple targeted by distraction burglars
- 9 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 10 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station