PICTURES: Independent businesses enjoy first well-being event
- Credit: Archant
Independent businesses in Weston took to the Sovereign Centre for the inaugural ‘well-being event’.
Weston Collective, in collaboration with Oxhouse Home of Fitness, enjoyed two busy days in Weston's shopping centre.
Workshops were held during both days, with visitors able to have a chat about crystals with the team from Rose & Amber, purchase plants from Coastal Succulents or have a massage from Alma Retreat.
Oxhouse members completed a workout, where they had to complete as many rounds as possible in five hours of 2,020m row, 20 burpees and 20 dumbell thrusters to raise money for and awareness of Weston Foodbank.
Giulio's Italian, which will be delivering food to all parts of Weston from this weekend, also served visitors a plant-based stew.
You may also want to watch:
Weston Collective founder Jane Murch said: "I came away feeling really proud as the space in The Sovereign Centre came to life again."
- 1 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 10 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer