Inquest into road death in Cheddar is opened
THE inquest into the death of a motorcyclist who died in Cheddar has been opened and adjourned. A postmortem on David Howe, who died on Draycott Road on November 19, revealed he sustained multiple injuries and died of head wounds.
THE inquest into the death of a motorcyclist who died in Cheddar has been opened and adjourned.
A postmortem on David Howe, who died on Draycott Road on November 19, revealed he sustained multiple injuries and died of head wounds.
David, aged 39, from Cheddar, was riding his blue Yamaha motorbike and travelling west along Draycott Road in the direction of Cheddar at 6.35pm.
As he left Draycott, David accelerated and overtook a vehicle, but when he moved to the nearside of the road it is believed he clipped the kerb, causing him to lose control of the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
The bike and its rider slid across the road before colliding with the front of an oncoming Nissan Navara, which catapulted him and his bike back into the nearside lane.
David was rushed to Weston General Hospital but he was pronounced dead on arrival.
- 1 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 2 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 3 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 4 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 5 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 6 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 7 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 8 New headteacher for village first school
- 9 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 10 Hot air balloons return to Weston
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash, which happened outside Mole End Nursery on the A371. Anyone able to help is asked to contact the collision investigation unit on 0845 456 7000.
A full inquest into David's death is expected to be heard by the North Somerset coroner in 2008.
* To leave a tribute for David log on to www.thewestonmercury.co.uk