Wintery scenes submitted to iWitness
- Credit: Roger Fry
Wildlife and wintry vistas were the order of the day in this week’s round-up of pictures sent to iWitness by Weston’s talented photographers.
First up, Rodger Fry took this painterly picture of a winters sunset over Weston.
Rob Blamire snapped this chaffinch busily feasting on the contents of his garden bird feeder.
Jaqueline Caven captured a great white egret taking flight over a Somerset lake.
The Grand Pier at night was the focus of this cleverly shot snap by Sean Bawden, not bad for a first attempt.
You may also want to watch:
Waves crashed against the sea wall in Laura Szymanska’s picture taken on a stormy January day.
Paul Cowles took this etherial long exposure shot of Weston beach at twilight,
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 6 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 9 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 10 Teacher wins award for making thousands of NHS masks during Covid
Finally, Jaqueline also took this superb shot of the underside of the pier during a seafront walk on a blustery winter’s day.