MP to open village shop this weekend
- Credit: Brent Knoll Village Shop
Wells MP James Heappey will open a village shop by video link today (Saturday).
Mr Heappey will open Brent Knoll emergency shop and the store will sell newspapers, bread, milk, groceries and vegetable boxes provided by regional suppliers.
The shop opening comes as a village response to the Covid-19 lockdown restrictions and people in the area are ‘unable to get to supermarkets or secure home deliveries’.
The store is also a bridge between the recent village shop closure and plans for a new community store in Brent Knoll.
Member of the emergency shop team, John Mathews, said: “Anyone will be able to watch and listen to the official opening by going to the Facebook page.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Heappey will be on video link and John will cut the ribbon on the MP’s cue.
To watch the shop opening online, visit www.facebook.com/BrentKnollEmergencyCommunityShop
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 3 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 4 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 5 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 10 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'