Cidermaker’s son launches cookbook
- Credit: Rich's Cider
A family member of an award-winning cider business has released his debut cookbook.
James Rich, son of cidermaker Martin Rich at Rich's Cider Farm, published Apple: Recipes From The Orchard this month.
His family have run the farm in Mark for more than 50 years and the book features almost 100 apple-themed recipes.
James said: "It's been amazing over the past couple of weeks, and I'm just flummoxed by it all.
"I've never written a book before, and it was my way of doing something for the family."
You may also want to watch:
James said he moved away from the area in his 20s before returning to the 'beautiful West country' in his early 30s.
He said: "My family's been ecstatic about the project, and I'm going to America next month as part of the book launch, so it's all very exciting.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 4 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 5 New principal appointed at academy
- 6 Award wins for Hutton In Bloom volunteer group
- 7 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
"I'm really chuffed with the success of the book so far."