Entries up for weekend’s summer flower show at Winter Gardens
- Credit: Archant
Entry numbers were up as Weston’s summer flower show brought together the best efforts of gardeners across the area at the weekend.
Weston Horticultural Society held its showpiece event at the Winter Gardens and it is pleased with Saturday's success.
Society chairman John Chapman said the show had gone well.
He said: "It was the first time we held it at the Winter Gardens for 10-15 years and we were pleased with the facilities there."
In recent years the show has been held in a marquee in Grove Park or the Italian Gardens, but with stormy weather hitting the West Country at the weekend it was fortunately under shelter this time around.
You may also want to watch:
John added: "It was reasonably busy all day and quite a lot of the public stopped by - presumably glad to escape the weather."
He said children's classes were well supported and the primary school wheelbarrow competition attracted more than a dozen entries.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic