Entries up for weekend’s summer flower show at Winter Gardens
- Credit: Archant
Entry numbers were up as Weston’s summer flower show brought together the best efforts of gardeners across the area at the weekend.
Weston Horticultural Society held its showpiece event at the Winter Gardens and it is pleased with Saturday's success.
Society chairman John Chapman said the show had gone well.
He said: "It was the first time we held it at the Winter Gardens for 10-15 years and we were pleased with the facilities there."
In recent years the show has been held in a marquee in Grove Park or the Italian Gardens, but with stormy weather hitting the West Country at the weekend it was fortunately under shelter this time around.
You may also want to watch:
John added: "It was reasonably busy all day and quite a lot of the public stopped by - presumably glad to escape the weather."
He said children's classes were well supported and the primary school wheelbarrow competition attracted more than a dozen entries.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 4 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 5 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 8 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 9 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 10 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers