Weston author to sign copies of new book
- Credit: Archant
A Weston author has released his second book.
Dr Justin Newland will be signing copies of The Old Dragon’s Head this month.
The book is a historic fantasy novel and is set during the Ming dynasty and plays out in the shadows of the Great Wall of China, he says.
Two years ago he released Genes of Isis, which was of a similar genre.
Dr Newland will be at Waterstones, in the Sovereign Shopping Centre, on January 24 to sign copies of his new book from 11am-3pm.
You may also want to watch:
But the 66-year-old is not resting on his laurels.
Dr Newland has already begun working on a third novel.
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 4 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend
It is set in East Prussia during the 18th century and ‘speculates on an alternative genesis for the Industrial Revolution’.
Dr Newland will also give a talk on The Great Ming Code at Weston Museum, from 12.30-2pm, on February 27 as part of the Weston Literary Festival.
Tickets, priced £5 plus booking fee, can be obtained at the Blakehay.