Keep child safe
CHILDREN'S clubs in North Somerset are being urged to protect their members from abuse
11am 04.09.07 - CLUBS and organisations in North Somerset are being urged to join the child safe scheme.
The scheme provides advice to parents and leaders of organised groups about the potential risks for young people when involved in such organisations.
The initiative provides groups with a resource pack to enable them to put into place measures to deter potential child abusers from joining their club.
There will be a seminar held about the scheme on September 18 at the Badger Centre, Weston, for all those who are part of a club in North Somerset.
You may also want to watch:
If your club or organisation want to become part of the scheme, contact the Child Safe Coordinator at North Somerset Council, on (01275) 810995.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare