Hair salon raises hundreds of pounds for Weston Hospicecare
- Credit: Archant
A Kewstoke hair salon raised more than £900 for Weston Hospicecare.
Queenies, in Crookes Lane, hosted a fundrasier at the end of September.
The event was attended by the mayor and mayoress of Weston, Michael and Margaret Lyall, Weston’s MP John Penrose and Kewstoke councillor Rose Cunningham.
Television sports presenter Nigel Turner also attended and Claire Palmer provided the music.
A cake sale, raffle and tombola were available on the day and youngsters made sure collection buckets were topped up.
Organiser Paul Hobbs was delighted by the event’s success and all the support.
He said: “The day was a big success and despite awful weather, we managed to raise almost £926 for the hospice.
- 1 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandalism spree
- 2 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 3 Poetry legend Pam Ayres enjoys Weston fish and chips!
- 4 Westonian turns 100 and praises 'antibiotics' for her longevity
- 5 Teen, 16, among football fans BANNED from matches
- 6 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 7 Have your say over major town centre redevelopment
- 8 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 9 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 10 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
“I would like to thank The New Inn for their significant contribution of £500, it will go a long way.
“Overall it was a huge success and we are grateful to everyone who dug deep and donated.”