PICTURES: Village hosts inaugural scarecrow trail
- Credit: Archant
Batman, Yoda and Spongebob Squarepants were just some of the film characters found in gardens across Kewstoke on the weekend.
The village hosted its inaugural scarecrow trail from Friday to Sunday, with the theme centred around movies.
A total of 55 displays were on show in villagers' homes as people tried to identify the title of the films.
Organiser Annie Taylor said: "Despite the awful weather on Saturday, there was enough clearing for people to go round with the map and list of locations.
"Everybody was surprised at the quality of the displays, imagination, creativity and good sense of humour.
You may also want to watch:
"There was a real sense of community and togetherness which lightened the spirits.
"We are thinking of making a calendar with images of all the scarecrows, and the profit will go to charity."
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 3 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 4 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 5 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 9 Two shops opening for first time next week
- 10 Record numbers attend Wedmore Real Ale Festival