PICTURES: Village hosts inaugural scarecrow trail
- Credit: Archant
Batman, Yoda and Spongebob Squarepants were just some of the film characters found in gardens across Kewstoke on the weekend.
The village hosted its inaugural scarecrow trail from Friday to Sunday, with the theme centred around movies.
A total of 55 displays were on show in villagers' homes as people tried to identify the title of the films.
Organiser Annie Taylor said: "Despite the awful weather on Saturday, there was enough clearing for people to go round with the map and list of locations.
"Everybody was surprised at the quality of the displays, imagination, creativity and good sense of humour.
You may also want to watch:
"There was a real sense of community and togetherness which lightened the spirits.
"We are thinking of making a calendar with images of all the scarecrows, and the profit will go to charity."
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 9 Planking your way to better health
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced