Make The Point returns with virtual fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A running event is going virtual this year.
Make the Point is returning for its fifth year but has had to cancel the race due to lockdown.
Instead, a virtual challenge for a suggested donation of £5 to its two charities, Chicks and Tiny Tickers, will be held instead.
Organisers want to raise some money for them now and hold an evening event towards the end of the year.
The virtual challenge will be to run, skip, walk, ride a five or 10km route, post the recording of your route and a photo of yourselves holding a sign with the hashtag #Imadethepoint.
You may also want to watch:
Once the donation is paid to its fundraising page organisers will send everyone who takes part a certificate.
The challenge will begin on Saturday and end on July 12.
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 4 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 5 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 8 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing