Make The Point returns with virtual fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A running event is going virtual this year.
Make the Point is returning for its fifth year but has had to cancel the race due to lockdown.
Instead, a virtual challenge for a suggested donation of £5 to its two charities, Chicks and Tiny Tickers, will be held instead.
Organisers want to raise some money for them now and hold an evening event towards the end of the year.
The virtual challenge will be to run, skip, walk, ride a five or 10km route, post the recording of your route and a photo of yourselves holding a sign with the hashtag #Imadethepoint.
You may also want to watch:
Once the donation is paid to its fundraising page organisers will send everyone who takes part a certificate.
The challenge will begin on Saturday and end on July 12.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 3 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 4 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 5 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 10 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty