Make The Point returns with virtual fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A running event is going virtual this year.
Make the Point is returning for its fifth year but has had to cancel the race due to lockdown.
Instead, a virtual challenge for a suggested donation of £5 to its two charities, Chicks and Tiny Tickers, will be held instead.
Organisers want to raise some money for them now and hold an evening event towards the end of the year.
The virtual challenge will be to run, skip, walk, ride a five or 10km route, post the recording of your route and a photo of yourselves holding a sign with the hashtag #Imadethepoint.
You may also want to watch:
Once the donation is paid to its fundraising page organisers will send everyone who takes part a certificate.
The challenge will begin on Saturday and end on July 12.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 3 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 4 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 7 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder