Village pub to host Christmas fundraiser for victims of domestic abuse
- Credit: Archant
People are being urged to donate Christmas presents to those less fortunate.
A gift sale will be held in Kewstoke Village Hall on Sunday from 6.30pm to midnight.
It has been organised by the Lamb Inn pub in Worle in partnership with Gemini Services, which supports parents and children who were victims of domestic abuse in North Somerset.
Music will be provided by The Lipinskis, Steve Dexter and Chris Morley while the event has been sponsored by Thatchers, Butcombe and Proper Job.
Pub landlady and event organiser Mandy Dexter said: “Anybody can drop off new and unwrapped presents at the pub before and after the event.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very grateful for the musicians and volunteers who will donate their time on the evening.”
Tickets, priced £35, including drinks and a buffet meal, can be purchased from the pub or on 07775 584863.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 7 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 8 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 9 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 10 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake