Village pub to host Christmas fundraiser for victims of domestic abuse
- Credit: Archant
People are being urged to donate Christmas presents to those less fortunate.
A gift sale will be held in Kewstoke Village Hall on Sunday from 6.30pm to midnight.
It has been organised by the Lamb Inn pub in Worle in partnership with Gemini Services, which supports parents and children who were victims of domestic abuse in North Somerset.
Music will be provided by The Lipinskis, Steve Dexter and Chris Morley while the event has been sponsored by Thatchers, Butcombe and Proper Job.
Pub landlady and event organiser Mandy Dexter said: “Anybody can drop off new and unwrapped presents at the pub before and after the event.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very grateful for the musicians and volunteers who will donate their time on the evening.”
Tickets, priced £35, including drinks and a buffet meal, can be purchased from the pub or on 07775 584863.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity
- 10 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess