Kindness rocks challenge proves popular at Weston parks
- Credit: Archant
The garden of positivity at Grove Park is filling up with rocks decorated with words of encouragement.
The initiative is being hindered at Clarence Park, with some the rocks being taken and leaving the area empty.
The rocks are being gathered to form a permanent rockery.
Park spokesman Tania Bodalia said: “Creations containing positive messages related to the coronavirus pandemic will be cemented into the rockery to create a lasting piece of art for future generations to see.
“This is slowly being filled up at Grove Park and is being looked after by the park volunteers, who have putting netting over the rocks to protect them.
“However, the ones at Clarence Park have all been taken and is now empty. We would love to see them replaced with new colourful designs.”
Decorated rocks can be given to the Friends of Grove Park.
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 3 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 4 How Somerset's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'
- 6 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 7 Teachers at school take on Movember challenge
- 8 Weston street comes together to switch-on Christmas lights
- 9 Consultation to rename the Sovereign Centre begins tomorrow
- 10 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks