Cheddar students head to Barcelona for school trip
- Credit: KOW
Art students enjoyed the opportunity to explore an open-air gallery in Barcelona on a trip.
After an early flight, arts, photography and textile students from Kings Of Wessex Academy, in Cheddar, were soon walking through the Gothic quarter and visiting the Boqueria Market.
They visited the Picasso Museum and the celebrated Roman Catholic church which was desgined by Gaudi.
At every location, students were busy documenting their experience with photos and sketches to inspire their artwork.
A break from the city saw the trip visit Girona, Figueres and the Dali Museum last month.
You may also want to watch:
Head of expressive arts, Rebecca Weaving, praised the students for ‘their energy and positive nature’ and ‘for being punctual, polite and fully engaged with the culture of Barcelona’.
She added: “It was a fantastic trip with lots of lasting memories and special friendships.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab