Cheddar students head to Barcelona for school trip
- Credit: KOW
Art students enjoyed the opportunity to explore an open-air gallery in Barcelona on a trip.
After an early flight, arts, photography and textile students from Kings Of Wessex Academy, in Cheddar, were soon walking through the Gothic quarter and visiting the Boqueria Market.
They visited the Picasso Museum and the celebrated Roman Catholic church which was desgined by Gaudi.
At every location, students were busy documenting their experience with photos and sketches to inspire their artwork.
A break from the city saw the trip visit Girona, Figueres and the Dali Museum last month.
Head of expressive arts, Rebecca Weaving, praised the students for ‘their energy and positive nature’ and ‘for being punctual, polite and fully engaged with the culture of Barcelona’.
She added: “It was a fantastic trip with lots of lasting memories and special friendships.”
- 1 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 2 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 5 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 6 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 7 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 8 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 9 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 10 Items left in town centre doorways to be removed in bid to tidy Weston town centre