Kitchen fire in Highbridge

FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a small kitchen fire in Highbridge after food had been left on the cooker.

FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a small kitchen fire in Highbridge after food had been left on the cooker.

Residents raised the alarm on Thursday morning when smoke was seen coming through a window of the property in General Higgins House, Southwell Crescent.

The fire crew put out the fire and used a high pressure ventilation fan to get rid of the smoke in the room.

It is unknown if there was anybody in the house at the time of the incident but a spokesperson for Somerset Fire and Rescue is urging people to take extra care not to get distracted when cooking food.


You may also want to watch:


Somerset Fire and Rescue spokesman, Janet Booth, said: "People should not let themselves get distracted when cooking food on the oven or other appliances. If the phone rings or the door bell goes take the pan off the cooker it is dangerous to leave food unattended when cooking it.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus