Labourer found dead in bedroom
A LABOURER was found dead in a bedroom after falling from his bike - but the reason for his death still remains a mystery. Steven Cox died aged 37 at the home he shared with his girlfriend in Sutherland Avenue in Burnham.
A LABOURER was found dead in a bedroom after falling from his bike - but the reason for his death still remains a mystery.
Steven Cox died aged 37 at the home he shared with his girlfriend in Sutherland Avenue in Burnham.
Steven, who was not employed when he died, had fallen off his bike in a supermarket car park and thought he may have broken a rib. A few days later, in October 2006, he was found dead in a bedroom next to a packet of painkillers and a bottle of medicine.
Although a post mortem was carried out on Steven’s body, the cause of his death could not be ascertained and the doctor conducting the investigation could not say whether the death was due to natural causes or not.
You may also want to watch:
West Somerset coroner Michael Rose said: “It could be that Mr Cox took the medicine after falling from his bike but in these circumstances I cannot say for definite what happened.
“I return an open verdict due to the fact there is not sufficient evidence to come to a definite conclusion.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
The medical cause of death is unascertained.
“I extend my deepest sympathy to the Steven’s mother and sisters who attended the inquest and all his family.”
Steven’s sister Jackie Wilkinson, of Worston Lane, Burnham, attended the inquest in Bridgwater on Tuesday with other family members.