Woman fundraises for best friend’s bucket list after cancer diagnosis
- Credit: Lamisa Richardson
A former Weston College student is raising money for her best friend’s dream holiday following life-changing news.
Lamisa Richardson has set up a fundraiser in support of her close friend, Amy Legg, who was diagnosed with bowel cancer in November.
As part of the fundraiser, Lamisa is committed to running 15k in June in aid of Amy’s bucket list dream, to take her family on holiday to Disney World Florida.
Lamisa said: “Amy has been my best friend for nearly 10 years, we met when we were both doing our access to higher education course at Weston College.
"I have always been in awe of her determination and work ethic, and still managing to raise her children and maintain her household.
“She is an incredible mother who fights for everything they need no matter what it costs and she is one of the kindest most genuine people I have ever met.
"The world would be a little less bright without her in it.”
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
Lamisa said Amy has already undergone surgery to remove a tumour, but doctors have since found another and Amy has to undergo at least three months of chemotherapy starting this month.
Amy has five children and in the midst of her diagnosis she and her husband found out they are expecting their sixth child.
Lamisa added: “We are hopeful this will be end of her treatment but they have said the tumour could come back at anytime and anywhere. In the midst of all this sadness, there has been a miracle as they found out Amy is expecting.
“So that would mean six children could potentially be left without a mother if cancer wins. Two of her children have severe disabilities and they are highly dependent on their mother both physically and emotionally.
“Amy has told me about her bucket list and I aim to help her to achieve as many of her goals as possible, as life is for living and you never know when it could change.
“One of her dreams is to take her whole family for a dream holiday to Disney World Florida, to make memories that will last their lifetimes.”
Lamisa has raised £950 so far and she also hopes to get sponsorship to achieve her goal of reaching the £8,000 target.
To support Lamisa’s cause, log on to www.gofundme.com/f/15k-to-fulfil-amys-wish-list-of-a-lifetime-dream?