Landladies auctioned at beer festival
1.30pm: 05.09.07- LOVELY landladies are up for grabs in an auction at Wedmore Real Ale Festival. Two lucky bidders will win a night with Angie Mills from The New Inn and Lorraine Williams from The Swan Inn and the pint-pullers will be footing the bill.
LOVELY landladies are up for grabs in an auction at Wedmore Real Ale Festival.
Two lucky bidders will win a night with Angie Mills from The New Inn and Lorraine Williams from The Swan Inn and the pint-pullers will be footing the bill.
Angie, aged 51 and Lorraine, aged 46, will go on a double date with the two highest bidders and will treat them to a slap-up meal.
The pretty pair is not the only treasure on offer. A collection of rare antique bottles and a signed Bath and England rugby ball are also up for grabs.
You may also want to watch:
The Wedmore Real Ale Festival starts on September 14 and is set to be three days of fun. More than 60 award-winning real ales will be tasted in the village hall. There will also be a selection of local ciders, live music and Rugby World Cup coverage as well as traditional pub games.
The event kicks off at 7pm on the Friday and entry is free before 9pm every day. Proceeds from the festival events, including the auction, will be given to Wedmore-based groups including the village hall committee, sports clubs, brownies, scouts and guides, Wedmore in Bloom and Children's Hospice South West in Wraxall.
- 1 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 6 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare