Photographer wins prestigious award for best urban landscape
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare photographer has picked up a prestigious award for his striking photo of a Bristol street.
Alex Wolfe-Warman won the urban category of the landscape photographer of the year award with his photo of terraced houses in Bristol.
He took the photo during a hot-air balloon flight his wife bought him for his birthday.
He said: “We had a wonderful flight on a very clear day – the evening light was very beautiful, and it was completely still. We took off from Ashton Court, flew over Suspension Bridge over Park Street and College Green, then Queens Square and Temple Meads out towards the suburbs.”
Wolfe-Warman’s photo can also be seen in the Landscape Photographer Of The Year: Collection 12.
You may also want to watch:
He has published a book of his photographs called Weston-super-Mare: My Home Town, available at Waterstones, Weston Museum or at www.alexwolfewarman.com
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network