Photographer wins prestigious award for best urban landscape
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare photographer has picked up a prestigious award for his striking photo of a Bristol street.
Alex Wolfe-Warman won the urban category of the landscape photographer of the year award with his photo of terraced houses in Bristol.
He took the photo during a hot-air balloon flight his wife bought him for his birthday.
He said: “We had a wonderful flight on a very clear day – the evening light was very beautiful, and it was completely still. We took off from Ashton Court, flew over Suspension Bridge over Park Street and College Green, then Queens Square and Temple Meads out towards the suburbs.”
Wolfe-Warman’s photo can also be seen in the Landscape Photographer Of The Year: Collection 12.
You may also want to watch:
He has published a book of his photographs called Weston-super-Mare: My Home Town, available at Waterstones, Weston Museum or at www.alexwolfewarman.com
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 4 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 5 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 8 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing