Meditation and exercise area proposed on church grounds
- Credit: Archant
An exercise area could be built on church grounds.
The facility proposed at St Mary's Church, in Langford, will have four timber log cabins and an outdoor exercise area.
Equipment will be available for villagers to use.
There will also be a meditation and community garden at the front of the church for individuals who wish to use the church to sit and reflect.
Parking will also be available for those who are disabled.
Reverend Tim Jessiman said the intention with the outdoor facilities is to bring the community together.
He said: "The belief is the exercise area will enhance the village.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 3 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 4 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 7 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 8 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
- 9 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 10 Watch Stone Age musical in Hutton this weekend
"The space would encourage more of a community and meeting place for those who live in the village."
The 99 sq.m proposal is under review by North Somerset Council.
Churchill Parish Council raised no objections to the application.