Meditation and exercise area proposed on church grounds
- Credit: Archant
An exercise area could be built on church grounds.
The facility proposed at St Mary's Church, in Langford, will have four timber log cabins and an outdoor exercise area.
Equipment will be available for villagers to use.
There will also be a meditation and community garden at the front of the church for individuals who wish to use the church to sit and reflect.
Parking will also be available for those who are disabled.
Reverend Tim Jessiman said the intention with the outdoor facilities is to bring the community together.
He said: "The belief is the exercise area will enhance the village.
- 1 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 2 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 5 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 6 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 7 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 8 Temperatures in Somerset drop to -6C - but what about the weekend?
- 9 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 10 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
"The space would encourage more of a community and meeting place for those who live in the village."
The 99 sq.m proposal is under review by North Somerset Council.
Churchill Parish Council raised no objections to the application.