Meditation and exercise area proposed on church grounds
- Credit: Archant
An exercise area could be built on church grounds.
The facility proposed at St Mary's Church, in Langford, will have four timber log cabins and an outdoor exercise area.
Equipment will be available for villagers to use.
There will also be a meditation and community garden at the front of the church for individuals who wish to use the church to sit and reflect.
Parking will also be available for those who are disabled.
You may also want to watch:
Reverend Tim Jessiman said the intention with the outdoor facilities is to bring the community together.
He said: "The belief is the exercise area will enhance the village.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Former pupils become teachers
"The space would encourage more of a community and meeting place for those who live in the village."
The 99 sq.m proposal is under review by North Somerset Council.
Churchill Parish Council raised no objections to the application.