Meditation and exercise area proposed on church grounds
- Credit: Archant
An exercise area could be built on church grounds.
The facility proposed at St Mary's Church, in Langford, will have four timber log cabins and an outdoor exercise area.
Equipment will be available for villagers to use.
There will also be a meditation and community garden at the front of the church for individuals who wish to use the church to sit and reflect.
Parking will also be available for those who are disabled.
You may also want to watch:
Reverend Tim Jessiman said the intention with the outdoor facilities is to bring the community together.
He said: "The belief is the exercise area will enhance the village.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 10 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
"The space would encourage more of a community and meeting place for those who live in the village."
The 99 sq.m proposal is under review by North Somerset Council.
Churchill Parish Council raised no objections to the application.