Fire at university vet hospital campus
- Credit: Weston Fire Station Twitter
Firefighters have spent days tackling a blaze at a veterinary school.
The fire broke out at University of Bristol's vets building, in Langford, on Friday, causing smoke to billow high up into the air.
About 25 firefighters were sent in four fire engines shortly before 2.30pm.
Four days on and crews are still allowing the remaining bits to smoulder.
A message was posted on Facebook by Equine Referral Hospital explaining to people what happened.
You may also want to watch:
It said: "A University of Bristol owned hay barn caught fire at the Langford campus.
"The barn is at the bottom of an agricultural track, away from the main buildings.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 3 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 4 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 5 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 8 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 9 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 10 Opening date announced for new supermarket
"Crews from Avon Fire and Rescue arrived within five minutes and quickly brought the fire under control.
"Thankfully no people or animals have been hurt and no nearby properties have been affected."
The cause of the fire has yet to be established.