Lawn mower racing returns to West Country
- Credit: Archant
Lawnmower races, rock climbing and outdoor activities return to a Somerset festival this bank holiday weekend.
YMCA Dulverton Group will bring its annual event to Cross after a year's break, which will run from Saturday until bank holiday Monday.
The festival promises activities including segways, mud buggies, archery, virtual golf and Nerf gun battles.
There will also be face painting workshops, a bouncy castle, petting zoo and soft play area.
Families can also try a selection of food at the jam-packed event.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be held at Cross' Days Field, in Old Coach Road, from Saturday to Monday.
The festival opens on Saturday at 10.30am and finishes on Monday at 4pm.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 7 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 8 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 9 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 10 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
Money raised from this weekend's event will go to the YMCA group's work supporting communities in the area.
Tickets, priced £5-£20, are available online at www.ymcafamilyfestival.co.uk