Lawn mower racing returns to West Country
- Credit: Archant
Lawnmower races, rock climbing and outdoor activities return to a Somerset festival this bank holiday weekend.
YMCA Dulverton Group will bring its annual event to Cross after a year's break, which will run from Saturday until bank holiday Monday.
The festival promises activities including segways, mud buggies, archery, virtual golf and Nerf gun battles.
There will also be face painting workshops, a bouncy castle, petting zoo and soft play area.
Families can also try a selection of food at the jam-packed event.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be held at Cross' Days Field, in Old Coach Road, from Saturday to Monday.
The festival opens on Saturday at 10.30am and finishes on Monday at 4pm.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
Money raised from this weekend's event will go to the YMCA group's work supporting communities in the area.
Tickets, priced £5-£20, are available online at www.ymcafamilyfestival.co.uk