Lawn mower racing returns to West Country
- Credit: Archant
Lawnmower races, rock climbing and outdoor activities return to a Somerset festival this bank holiday weekend.
YMCA Dulverton Group will bring its annual event to Cross after a year's break, which will run from Saturday until bank holiday Monday.
The festival promises activities including segways, mud buggies, archery, virtual golf and Nerf gun battles.
There will also be face painting workshops, a bouncy castle, petting zoo and soft play area.
Families can also try a selection of food at the jam-packed event.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be held at Cross' Days Field, in Old Coach Road, from Saturday to Monday.
The festival opens on Saturday at 10.30am and finishes on Monday at 4pm.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
Money raised from this weekend's event will go to the YMCA group's work supporting communities in the area.
Tickets, priced £5-£20, are available online at www.ymcafamilyfestival.co.uk