Lenny Henry's college visit
ONE of Britain's top comedians and television stars will join in with the official opening of the town s first university campus next week.
ONE of Britain's top comedians and television stars will join in with the official opening of the town's first university campus next week.
Lenny Henry will help celebrate the event at Weston College's new facility, off Loxton Road, on Monday.
The comedian is due to meet both staff and students during his tour of the state-of-the-art campus.
He will also talk to students about his life and education, and work with broadcast media students in the college's industry-standard television studio.
You may also want to watch:
The £13million University Campus, which opened in September, houses a variety of departments including Weston College's art, media and design music and sixth form departments.
College principal Dr Paul Phillips said: "We now have some of the best and most progressive facilities in the region and we are extremely proud of the courses we deliver.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 4 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
"Lenny Henry is one of Britain's best-known and loved celebrities. He recently completed an Open University degree and is a great role model for our students.
"We will be delighted to welcome him to the college and show him the further education opportunities now available to people in Weston."
Higher Education courses at Weston College are carried out in partnership with Bath Spa University, the University of Bath and the University of the West of England.