Win: Rollermania comes to Weston
- Credit: Mike S Fowler
It’S time to dust off the cut-off tartan trousers and get ready to Shang-a-lang with Les McKeown’s Bay City Rollers, who roll into Weston’s Playhouse Theatre in March.
Journey back to the 1970s and relive the thrill and excitement of Rollermania.
Les and his band bring new energy to the Rollers’ original hits including Bye Bye Baby, Shang-a-Lang, Remember, Summerlove Sensation and Give A Little Love.
The revitalised group will also play songs from their latest album The Lost Songs, which features forgotten Rollers songs written by McKeown, found in a box in his attic in 2013.
During their heyday in the early 1970s, the Edinburgh band were touted to be the biggest British act since The Beatles.
You may also want to watch:
The band scored a slew of hit singles, and reportedly have sold more than 120 million records.
McKeown, who split with the band in 1978, was part of the classic five line up which also included guitarists Eric Faulkner and Stuart John Wood, bassist Alan Longmuir, and drummer Derek Longmuir.
- 1 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 2 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 3 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 4 Former pupils become teachers
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 7 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 8 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 9 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 10 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
Speaking to The Irish News in November McKeown said: “We certainly weren’t the Osmonds, all sparkly and all that stuff; we were five scruffy guys from Edinburgh, but we were still a wee ray of sunshine.”
Les McKeown’s Bay City Rollers will be at the Playhouse Theatre in High Street on March 7 at 7.30pm.
Tickets, priced £25.50, are available to buy on 01934 645544 or online at www.theplayhouse.co.uk
The Mercury has teamed up with Weston Playhouse to offer two lucky readers the chance to win a pair of tickets to see Les McKeown’s Bay City Rollers.
To enter the competition, simply answer the question below:
By entering this competition you agree to be contacted by Archant.
Usual Archant competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.