Win: Rollermania comes to Weston
- Credit: Mike S Fowler
It’S time to dust off the cut-off tartan trousers and get ready to Shang-a-lang with Les McKeown’s Bay City Rollers, who roll into Weston’s Playhouse Theatre in March.
Journey back to the 1970s and relive the thrill and excitement of Rollermania.
Les and his band bring new energy to the Rollers’ original hits including Bye Bye Baby, Shang-a-Lang, Remember, Summerlove Sensation and Give A Little Love.
The revitalised group will also play songs from their latest album The Lost Songs, which features forgotten Rollers songs written by McKeown, found in a box in his attic in 2013.
During their heyday in the early 1970s, the Edinburgh band were touted to be the biggest British act since The Beatles.
The band scored a slew of hit singles, and reportedly have sold more than 120 million records.
McKeown, who split with the band in 1978, was part of the classic five line up which also included guitarists Eric Faulkner and Stuart John Wood, bassist Alan Longmuir, and drummer Derek Longmuir.
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 3 Spacious residence in exclusive Weston Hillside
- 4 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 5 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 6 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Council finances given auditors' approval
- 10 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
Speaking to The Irish News in November McKeown said: “We certainly weren’t the Osmonds, all sparkly and all that stuff; we were five scruffy guys from Edinburgh, but we were still a wee ray of sunshine.”
Les McKeown’s Bay City Rollers will be at the Playhouse Theatre in High Street on March 7 at 7.30pm.
Tickets, priced £25.50, are available to buy on 01934 645544 or online at www.theplayhouse.co.uk
The Mercury has teamed up with Weston Playhouse to offer two lucky readers the chance to win a pair of tickets to see Les McKeown’s Bay City Rollers.
To enter the competition, simply answer the question below:
By entering this competition you agree to be contacted by Archant.
Usual Archant competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.