LGBT drop-ins on Weston estate
- Credit: Archant
A NEW drop-in session is being launched on a Weston estate to give people the opportunity to discuss issues around sexuality.
The North Somerset Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Forum is creating the weekly group on the Bournville estate in an attempt to tackle isolation in the LGBT community.
Social housing managers Alliance Homes is also supporting the project.
It is hoped the sessions will provide a safe and comfortable space for people to share their feelings in order to create a support network for LGBT people of all ages.
A spokesman for the LGBT Forum said: “The session will be an opportunity for the community to link in with like-minded individuals to support each other.
You may also want to watch:
“The purpose of the drop-in is to offer a space for friendships to build, provide signposting to other organisations and improve social networks to reduce isolation in the LGBT community within the area.”
The walk-in facility will be held in the For All Healthy Living Centre in Lonsdale Avenue and the first of the weekly sessions will take place on November 6 from 3.30-5.30pm.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 4 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 8 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 9 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset
There will also be refreshments on offer during the informal sessions.
No booking is necessary and anyone wishing to attend can go along and ask at reception.