Library and Town Hall to cut opening hours
- Credit: Archant
Opening hours at Weston-super-Mare Town Hall will be cut from this week – including an end to Sunday opening.
The Town Hall, in Walliscote Grove Road, is the headquarters of North Somerset Council, and houses services including the town’s main library since it relocated from the Boulevard in 2012.
It has also recently become home to Weston’s town centre police team as part of a strategy to combine public services under one roof.
However, access to those services will now be restricted, after the council revealed plans to shut the building on Sundays, effective from this week.
The move follows a review of visitor numbers which revealed only six per cent of weekly visitors attend the Town Hall on Sundays.
You may also want to watch:
The Council Connect service will also see its hours cut by two hours every week day, moving from 8am-6pm Monday to Friday operation to a 9am-5pm schedule.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 8 Weston gymnasts impress on Great Britain duty at European Championships
- 9 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 10 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week