What Halloween events are taking place in Weston-super-Mare this October?
PUBLISHED: 18:26 26 October 2017 | UPDATED: 18:26 26 October 2017
Picture: Alex Ball
Grab your broomsticks and fake blood and explore one of the many Halloween events taking place in Weston-super-Mare and to areas including Brean, Hewish and Cheddar in 2017.
– Puxton Park will hold a Creepy Critters week over October Half Term.
Fancy dress spooky discos will be held from 11am to noon and 2-3pm on October 23, The Creepy Crawly Show will run from 2-3pm and 3.30-4.30pm on October 24.
Crocodiles Of The World will be held from noon to 12.45pm, 1-1.45pm, 2-2.45pm and 3-3.45pm on October 25.
Meet a Rainbow Boa or the eight-foot-long Boa Constrictor at 11.30am and 3.30pm on October 26 and finish the week by meeting the creepy crawlies Max the Millipede and Dave the Madagascan Hissing Cockroach at 11.30am and 3.30pm on October 27.
– Ghosts and ghouls will hide among the shadows of Gough’s Cave this Halloween.
Stumble across creepy and cheeky characters from the cave’s fascinating history from October 21-29.
Come and find them from 11am-3pm.
– A Halloween family fun day will be held at the Helicopter Museum, in Locking Moor Road, from 10am-4.30pm on October 22.
– Scary skeleton and ghostly ghoul-themed craft activities will be held at Weston Museum, in Burlington Street, from October 24-26 from 11am-4pm.
– The Grand Pier, in Marine Parade, will open its Halloween Unfairground from October 26-28. The event will start at 7pm each night and guests can ride on the apocalyptic playground, the slaughter slide and the asylum maze.
Tickets to the fancy dress event are £12.50-15 from the pier’s website
– Krackers karaoke bar, in South Road, will hold a Halloween party on October 27.
People are encouraged to root through their fancy dress boxes and head down to Brean for an evening filled with fun, games, prizes and drinks. The party will start at 8pm.
– A Halloween disco will be held at Axbridge’s Crown Inn, in St Marys, on October 27.
The kids disco will run from 7-8pm before the adults take over from 9pm to midnight.
– The Addams Family will be screened at the Old Town Quarry, in Queens Road, at 6pm on October 28.
– Hornets rugby club will hold a Halloween party for adults on October 28 at its ground in Hutton Moor Road.
The party will start at 7pm and tickets, priced £5, will include food. There is a prize for the best dressed person.
– A Halloween party will be held at The Windmill Bar and Bistro, on Edithmead Leisure Park, on October 28. The party will start at 9pm and it is free to enter.
– Yatton Rugby Club will hold a Halloween party at 7pm on October 28 at the grounds in North End.
– A spooktactular owl Halloween event is being held at the North Somerset Bird of Prey Centre, in Smallway, Congresbury.
The event will be held on October 29 from 4.30-6.30pm and tickets are £8 and are available from email@example.com and must be booked.
– The Beachcomber, in Warren Road, will hold a Halloween party on October 28. In the Pirate’s Cove a children’s fancy dress party will start at 6pm, with spooky games, entertainers and Halloween treats.
In the Cabaret bar Lezley-Ann Shaw and the Reflex 80s will perform at 6pm.
– A Halloween Ball will be held at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House, in Frost Hill, at 6pm on October 28.
Guest will enjoy a three-course meal followed by a disco. Tickets, priced £26, are available from 01934 834343.
– Tiny Tea Parties will hold a Halloween pirate takeover at the Grand Pier, in Marine Parade, from noon until 3pm on October 29.
Tickets, priced £15, are available from the pier’s website and adults go free.
– A minis Halloween party will be held at Weston Rugby Club, in Drove Road, on October 29. There will be games, food, entertainment and a disco between 3-6pm. Entry is £2.
– Fright Nights will be held in Gough’s Cave at Cheddar Gorge, in The Cliffs, for an experience which is not for the faint hearted.
The nights will be held on October 28 and October 31 with four performances a night at 7pm, 7.30pm, 8pm and 8.30pm.
Guest should arrive 30 minutes before show time. Tickets, priced £19.95, include a drink on arrival and canapés. They are available from the gorge's website.