Weston nurse cutting 17 inches of hair on charity live stream
- Credit: Nikita Phippen
Nikita Phippen has not had her hair cut for more than two years, but will cut 17 inches for charity on July 17.
A Weston General Hospital nurse will live stream her hair getting the chop for charity on July 17.
Nikita Phippen is donating her lost locks to the Little Princess Trust so they can be be made into a wig for people under 24 who have lost their hair through illness.
Nikita set a fundraising target of £100 for the event but has surpassed that before her hair has been cut.
As it stands, more than £900 has been raised through her JustGiving page, leaving her desperate to break to £1000 barrier.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I was so shocked when we broke £100, it was fantastic to see everyone has been so generous and now I want to raise £1000 for the Little Princess Trust and everyone they help.”
The Weston nurse is relatively new to the job, having started in February, but has already been inspired by some of the people she has met.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 6 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 7 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 10 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
Nikita added: “I have seen how important a person’s hair can be to their identity. When patients begin to lose their hair it is an emotional time and it has made me want to donate my hair and hopefully help someone.”
Like most people over the past few months in lockdown, Nikita has had no access to a salon although she has had to wait long before March for a hair cut.
She said: “My last hair cut was around two years ago. It will take some getting used too, I think my partner is going to secretly miss my long hair.”
The event will be live-streamed via Nikita’s Facebook page and she will be cutting 17 inches of hair off for the Little Princess Trust which will be used to make wigs.
She said: “I asked them about the idea of donating my hair and they told me they regularly get people donating seven inches of hair and are in need of longer cuts.
“It made me want to do more so I just thought I would do 17 inches.”
To donate to Nikita’s JustGiving page, log on to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/nikita-phippen