Couple to celebrate milestone wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A Weston couple will celebrate their diamond wedding anniversary.
Christine and Arthur Seeny got married 60 years ago and will celebrate with their family today (Thursday).
The couple moved to Weston in 1970 from Windsor and have lived in Locking for the past 30 years.
A celebratory barbecue was held at Locking Castle Church, where Christine has volunteered for many years.
Christine has also volunteered for the Stroke Association's speedability group for 11 years, giving language pastoral care to people across Weston.
You may also want to watch:
They have two children and two grandchildren.
Christine said: "Arthur and I are looking forward to spending time with our family and reminiscing over the past 60 years.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 8 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 9 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 10 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
"Having all our friends at the church to hold a party was amazing.
"Arthur and I are now looking forward to spending the weekend in Salcombe for our holiday."