Couple to celebrate milestone wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A Weston couple will celebrate their diamond wedding anniversary.
Christine and Arthur Seeny got married 60 years ago and will celebrate with their family today (Thursday).
The couple moved to Weston in 1970 from Windsor and have lived in Locking for the past 30 years.
A celebratory barbecue was held at Locking Castle Church, where Christine has volunteered for many years.
Christine has also volunteered for the Stroke Association's speedability group for 11 years, giving language pastoral care to people across Weston.
You may also want to watch:
They have two children and two grandchildren.
Christine said: "Arthur and I are looking forward to spending time with our family and reminiscing over the past 60 years.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
"Having all our friends at the church to hold a party was amazing.
"Arthur and I are now looking forward to spending the weekend in Salcombe for our holiday."