Plan for 700 homes to be split into phases
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans to build 700 homes in Locking will be split into two phases.
The approved development, on land to the south of Locking Head Drove, was granted in January 2018 to develop the council-owned land and also includes 14,500sq.m of office floorspace, a retail unit and a 420-place primary school with playing fields.
At the time the application was made in 2017, the council had intended the entire proposal would be carried out as a single-phase development.
Subsequent marketing however indicated there is a better prospect of securing market interest and delivery if the development site is split into two smaller areas.
The council is in the process of marketing it to developers.
You may also want to watch:
Phase one is expected to comprise of 425 homes and phase two would include 275 homes.
Some small flexibility on final numbers for each area may be necessary due to procurement arrangements.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset