Locking Preschool marks 50th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A village preschool has celebrated its 50th anniversary with a park party.
To mark the occasion, Locking Preschool in Grenville Avenue hosted a picnic for children and parents to enjoy.
Games, stalls and a pair of ‘special’ visitors were put on at the park as families enjoyed the sun during one of the year’s hottest days.
A spokesman said: “We had an ice cream van, donkey rides, popcorn, book stalls and a bouncy castle.
“We had tea and cake, and a special visit from Paddington Bear and Peter Rabbit.”
You may also want to watch:
Before the picnic, a graduation ceremony was held where each child due to begin primary school in September was given a medal, scroll and leavers goody bag.
Locking Preschool is rated outstanding by Ofsted and provides care for children aged two to four years old.
- 1 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 2 Tropicana announces trio of lockdown-busting summer club nights
- 3 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 4 Primary school welcomes new principal
- 5 Weston boy 'overwhelmed' at heart-warming response to car washing business
- 6 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 7 Doctors urge patients not to suffer in silence when it comes to their mental health
- 8 May 17: What are the Covid travel rules?
- 9 Travellers set up camp on Weston seafront
- 10 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
It also employs two qualified forest school leaders.