Locking Preschool marks 50th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A village preschool has celebrated its 50th anniversary with a park party.
To mark the occasion, Locking Preschool in Grenville Avenue hosted a picnic for children and parents to enjoy.
Games, stalls and a pair of ‘special’ visitors were put on at the park as families enjoyed the sun during one of the year’s hottest days.
A spokesman said: “We had an ice cream van, donkey rides, popcorn, book stalls and a bouncy castle.
“We had tea and cake, and a special visit from Paddington Bear and Peter Rabbit.”
Before the picnic, a graduation ceremony was held where each child due to begin primary school in September was given a medal, scroll and leavers goody bag.
Locking Preschool is rated outstanding by Ofsted and provides care for children aged two to four years old.
- 1 NINE vehicles damaged by fire in apparent arson spree in Weston
- 2 Police hunt suspected arsonist after rampage in Weston
- 3 Cameras to enforce bus lanes rules in Weston from next week
- 4 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 5 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 6 McDonald's hopes to open restaurant at business park near M5
- 7 Weston furniture shop shortlisted for national award
- 8 Plan for 115 new homes in village rejected
- 9 Westonians honoured in prestigious mayor awards evening
- 10 Firefighters rescue deer stuck on a GARAGE ROOF in Weston
It also employs two qualified forest school leaders.