Churchill schoolboy raising money for Chew Valley Animal Park
- Credit: Archant
A nine-year-old boy from Churchill is preparing for a 5k walk to raise money for animals.
Logan Sexton, who has ADHD, has decided to raise £200 to help a family-run zoo.
Logan, who has been to various animal parks around the country including Chew Valley Animal Park, told his parents he would like to help animals because ‘it’s not only people who will be suffering during the coronavirus crisis’.
His mother, Charlotte Sexton, aged 34, said he is practising for the challenge during his daily exercise but due to social distancing, there is no exact date for the walk.
She said: “He heard me and my husband taking about the lockdown and he said everyone is concentrating on people what about the animals?
You may also want to watch:
“Logan is a deep thinker. He’s nine, going on 19, because of his thought process and he sees the good in everyone.
“He’s been walking his puppy to the top of street and he times himself each time.”
- 1 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 4 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 5 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 6 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 7 Closure of A370 in Weston for improvements
- 8 Chargeable garden waste collection service begins
- 9 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 10 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre
To donate, visit www.bit.ly/2y3ZxYc