Churchill schoolboy raising money for Chew Valley Animal Park
- Credit: Archant
A nine-year-old boy from Churchill is preparing for a 5k walk to raise money for animals.
Logan Sexton, who has ADHD, has decided to raise £200 to help a family-run zoo.
Logan, who has been to various animal parks around the country including Chew Valley Animal Park, told his parents he would like to help animals because ‘it’s not only people who will be suffering during the coronavirus crisis’.
His mother, Charlotte Sexton, aged 34, said he is practising for the challenge during his daily exercise but due to social distancing, there is no exact date for the walk.
She said: “He heard me and my husband taking about the lockdown and he said everyone is concentrating on people what about the animals?
You may also want to watch:
“Logan is a deep thinker. He’s nine, going on 19, because of his thought process and he sees the good in everyone.
“He’s been walking his puppy to the top of street and he times himself each time.”
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
To donate, visit www.bit.ly/2y3ZxYc