Lottery cash boost for skate park
A NEW skate park in Yatton has received a £10,00 grant from the National Lottery
AN EXCITING scheme to build a skate park in Yatton has received a £10,000 cash boost from the National Lottery.
The park, located at the west end of Hangstones playing fields, was estimated to cost a total of £80,000.
It will provide a place for young people to ride BMX bikes, scooters and skateboards.
The plans for the skate park came about after two teenagers from the town collected 145 signatures on a petition by knocking on residents' doors.
You may also want to watch:
They presented the petition results at a parish council meeting last year and subsequently a committee was set up to look into the idea.
Youngsters in the town have made their own fund-raising efforts in the past, including a garage sale and cake sale.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
The grant money will go towards a new path on the fields, which will eventually connect up to the skate park.