Motoring show to be filmed at Grand Pier
- Credit: Grand Pier
An ex-Formula One driver will record his new TV show on Weston’s Grand Pier today (Thursday).
Long-term and former Fifth Gear host Tiff Needell will make an appearance with co-presenter Paul Woodman at the seaside attraction today (Thursday).
Lovecars, an automotive website, is making its TV debut, and three V12 Aston Martin's drove down the pier for the company's YouTube channel in 2017.
A BMW Z4, Toyota's latest Supra and a Morgan Plus Six will be driven along the boardwalk, which will be parked up outside the pavilion to round off the show.
Paul said: "The pier was one of the first places to add to the filming list, we thought it was a fantastic location.
You may also want to watch:
"There aren't many people in the automotive world worthy of the title 'legend', but Tiff is certainly one of them.
"I may even challenge him to some karting at the end of the pier after filming."
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset